Company: Living Spaces
Location: La Mirada, California, USA
Position: eLearning Designer
Descrizione del lavoro
Stylish décor, inspiring ideas and a masterful team are the backbone of Living Spaces furniture, and we’re proud to be one of the West Coast’s leading furniture retail destinations. Ten years ago, we opened our first Living Spaces storefront with one purpose in mind: To bring style, quality and affordability to furniture stores. And we’ve met that challenge. With stores throughout Northern and Southern California, Arizona, online and continuously expanding, Living Spaces not only sells an impressive assortment of furniture and accessories, we also stir the imagination and inspire great home design.Our secret to success is pretty straightforward: We strive to create the best experience for both our customers and our employees. That means we always try to be friendly, respectful, smart, and inspiring. Those are the qualities we look for in every prospective employee. That’s what makes the Living Spaces team so united, and it’s what makes our customers come back for more. Our vision is to become the #1 home furnishings brand in the United States.
The primary role of the eLearning Designer is to create world-class eLearning solutions for our retail teams that align with our culture, values, and commitment to training. The secondary role will be to support the Training Team with instructional content and training materials that focus on skills and behaviors related to SOP and that support our efforts in the development of Team Member Talent and Leadership. The ultimate end of this position is to partner with the Training Team and Training Directors to achieve excellence in team member, guest, and financial outcomes.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- eLearning Modules – Design and develop engaging, interactive online training solutions for products, processes, systems, and skills.
- Create innovative on-demand eLearning modules that incorporate mixed media, such as graphics, animation, text, audio, and video
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to storyboard and write content that is focused on the correct learning and performance objectives
- Design instructional content and delivery methods that connect with different levels and types of learners that are in accordance with adult learning theory and principles
- Write knowledge checks (quizzes) for each eLearning module that validate achievement of the learning objectives
- Curriculum Materials – Design and develop dynamic resources that support training initiatives, including, but not limited to:
- Print materials, such as training and participant guides
- PowerPoint files to support classroom training
- Training Validation – Assist the Training Team and Regional Directors in creating and managing a system of validation of all training initiatives, including, but not limited to:
- Onboarding of Front-line team members and managers
- Ongoing training of SOP related skills and behaviors for all team members
- Growth and development training related to Talent and Leadership
- Learning Management System (LMS) – Manage the LMS/LRS, including:
- Run reports and manage learner data
- Partner with the Training Team to utilize all available features of the LMS/LRS.
- Assessment – Assist the Director of Training in ongoing training program assessment.
- Receive and review feedback from learners on their learning experience
- Track the impact and effectiveness of specific training initiatives and materials on key metrics
- Maintain and refresh training resources to ensure accuracy and relevance
- Conduct reviews of content by SMEs
- Troubleshoot eLearning module and LMS issues
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design or related educational field preferred; other majors or degree programs will be acceptable.
- Understanding of basic educational design principles.
- Experience in creating engaging PowerPoint files that are instructionally sound.
- Proficiency with eLearning authoring software, especially Storyline 2 by Articulate, preferred. However, training on eLearning authoring software will be provided for the right candidate.
- Experience with either or both of the following:
- Multi-media, including video, audio, photography, and related software.
- Desktop publishing, using software such as InDesign by Adobe.