Company: KPMG International
Location: Toronto – Canada
Position: E-Learning Developer
Riferimento: Link (premi)
About KPMG International and the Global Resource Centre
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services, operating in 155 countries with over 162,000 people and with global revenues in FY14 of more than $24billion.
KPMG International, a matrix organization, works at the global level and sets strategy, ensures global consistency and provides expertise to support member firms in the achievement of their business and Employer of Choice objectives. Many resources to support global have been centralized at the Global Resource Centre (GRC) in Toronto. The GRC provides Global Marketing & Communications, Learning & Development, Risk, Finance and IT services.
Organizational Context and Background
The mandate of Global L&D is to develop and execute a learning strategy that builds the capability needed to achieve KPMG’s business strategies and priority annual business goals. Global L&D’s goal is to deliver high quality, efficient and effective learning and performance support solutions directly aligned to business needs and future talent requirements. Global L&S is responsible for developing and overseeing the execution of the L&D strategies for Global Audit; Global Tax; Global Advisory; SGIs, Sales & Markets and Sectors and Leadership and Top Talent.
The audience for the performance and learning solutions provided by Global L&D is very diverse and encompasses all employees of KPMG globally – partners, professionals and support staff. Solutions include performance and knowledge management support, formal training (both digital and in-classroom), learning on the job opportunities and learning through collaboration with others.
KPMG Professionals Are…
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
The E-Learning Developer reports to the Senior Manager, Performance Solutions Resource Pool and is responsible for developing e-learning and electronic performance modules/solutions . These solutions are focused on building technical, business and/or leadership capabilities or a blend of these for a variety of audiences (i.e., KPMG partners and professionals, selected KPMG clients, L&D professionals/faculty in the regions/member firms).
Role and Responsibilities
Business Operations & Continuous Improvement
- Develops e-learning modules and electronic performance solutions (e.g., EPSS) focused on building technical, business and leadership capabilities or a blend of these for a variety of audiences (KPMG partners and professionals, selected KPMG clients, L&D professionals/faculty in the regions/member firms)
- Identifies relevant interactive design alternatives for review and approval of the relevant Performance Solutions teams that will most effectively accomplish the business objectives and learning outcomes
- Develops course content based on approved storyboards
- Develops eLearning content using approved designs and defined styles and templates consistent with agreed upon business and systems requirements
- Develops components (e.g., Flash/HTML) for e-learning/web-based solutions
- Runs pilot test programs for content based on test plans and resolves problems found in testing
- Ensures that web-based learning modules comply with relevant tracking requirements
- Supports the functional Performance Solutions project teams and SMEs in developing course/module administration guides, course release emails and course web-pages for globally developed solutions
- Sends materials for all required reviews and approvals
- Maintains/updates solutions/modules
- Follows existing version management standards for development materials
- Develops course documentation in accordance with Global L&D standards
- Sends materials for all required reviews and approvals
- Participates in internal and external forums to:
- Maintain a high level of expertise in e-learning and associated tools
- Share best practices
- Leverage solutions cross-functionally
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of the learning and performance solutions through the use of e-learning
- Maintains ongoing, productive relationships with:
- Global L&D team members
- External Instructional Designers
- SMEs (content providers, L&D knowledge)
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
Skills & Qualifications
- Post-secondary education – University degree level or equivalent
- E-learning Certification
- 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Ideally, the incumbent should have experience in:
- Adult learning principles
- Development learning tools (e.g., Articulate Storyline and /or other rapid development software) and resources
- Planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to manage competing deliverables
- Delivering high-quality products on-time, on-budget and aligned to design specifications
The role requires some flexibility to work irregular work hours to accommodate multiple time-zones and manage in a global virtual environment
The KPMG Way
We lead by example | We work together | We respect the individual
We seek the facts and provide insight | We are open and honest in our communication
We are committed to our communities | Above all, we act with integrity
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the HR Shared Service Centre by email at email@example.com or by phone at 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 (Option 1). KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant’s individual accessibility needs.