Location: San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Position: Instructional Designer
Riferimento: Click qui ma devi essere loggato a Linkedin
GENERAL SUMMARY: Design, write, develop and maintain training modules, job aids, quick reference guides, and other learning and support materials to support business initiatives. Ensure effective training solutions exist in classroom and distance formats to address the needs of a geographically diverse audience. Support the ongoing assessment of instructional effectiveness for all existing and future training programs.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct needs analyses, create project plans and design appropriate training solutions.
- Develop interactive course content in multiple formats, including but not limited to elearning, virtual classroom, and instructor-led training.
- Develop course content using multiple authoring tools.
- Ensure objectives are appropriate and that training materials meet objectives.
- Create assessments to validate/certify learning objectives are met. Evaluate existing training materials and recommend changes as needed to keep training current and relevant.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Maintain the Training and Development content areas on the intranet to ensure all content is current.
- Acts as a backup to the Training Specialist. Provides training through various means as needed, including but not limited to one-on-one, groups, online and Train-the-Trainer.
- Acts as a backup to the Technical Writer including but not limited to writing, editing and deleting material.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competenze ed esperienze richieste
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Communications, Education, English or Writing preferred.
- Two to three years’ experience developing training solutions in multiple formats, including but not limited to computer-based, virtual classroom, meeting-in-a-box and instructor-led.
- Exposure to training in a business/commercial environment preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely in writing, using correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and summarize information such as regulatory instructions, policy manuals, task documentation, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak clearly, tactfully, and effectively to members, volunteers, and employees at all levels of organization.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees within organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to produce and interpret graphs.
- Working knowledge of course authoring software
Proficient in the use of basic applications in a Windows-based environment.
- Ability to produce professional-looking documents utilizing available applications.
- Ability to effectively utilize Outlook and employee Intranet.
- Internet research skills.
- Good keyboard skills at 50 net wpm.
- Ability to quickly learn applicable banking and loan systems as well as specialized software applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver projects under tight deadlines.
Flexibility in order to respond to constant changes of schedule, plans and priorities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to multitask and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with employee in all departments of the Credit Union.
- Ability to work independently in addition to being a team player.
- Detail orientation.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to review and/or edit documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to evaluate information against a set of standards.
- Ability to utilize all training tools and technology such as, but not limited to, computerized training equipment, overhead projector, multi media equipment, photocopier, fax machine, and printed aids.
- Presentation skills to effectively conduct training sessions.
- Must be able to efficiently travel to credit union locations if needed.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality of member, employee, and Credit Union information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work involves extensive use of computers, up to eight hours per day.
- May include occasional pushing, pulling, or carrying objects weighing up to 20 pounds such as files and documents.
- Must be able to speak on the telephone for several hours per day.