Location: Sorrento Valley, San Diego, CA, Stati Uniti
Position: Sr. Instructional Designer
Riferimento: Click qui ma devi essere loggato a Linkedin
The primary responsibilities of this position are instructional design, curriculum development, and formal and informal educational resource development for Global Platform’s Learning & Development needs.
- Independently assess the need for, design, develop and maintain requested instructional training materials in various formats that keep up with the latest industry trends and technology.
- Use systematic design processes and support tools to select appropriate media and to develop and deliver educational materials.
- Work closely with colleagues and subject matter experts across functional areas including senior management to develop effective content and course design.
- Develop graphics for various projects to include eLearning, Webpages, Instructor-led courses, and Job Aids. Apply Graphic Design principles to project work and consult and mentor colleagues in application of visual media.
- Advanced knowledge of web design, user interface, HTML, and one or more programing languages for web development.
- Conduct instructor-led training in a classroom setting, via webinar or other distance learning environments.
- Proficient in several Learning Development / Graphic design software tools. Routinely investigates emerging software solutions and show ability to learn and champion new technology or software.
- Audit/evaluate potential learning initiatives.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and continuously improve current learning initiatives.
Competenze ed esperienze richieste
- Expert knowledge of Instructional design methodologies and adult learning theory
- Demonstrated ability of leading projects as a learning consultant that resulted in successful delivery and implementation of recommended solutions
- Familiar with multiple eLearning / Web-based course development tools such as Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline
- Proven experience applying Graphic Design principles to a variety of projects including eLearning, classroom presentations, virtual training, and job aids
- Web development software such as Adobe Dreamweaver
- Video and audio editing software (Audacity, Camtasia)
- Technical writing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks accordingly and be deadline oriented in order to produce on all deliverables
- High energy self-starter with strong follow-through skills, strong organizational skills and strict attention to detail
- Ability to learn new software applications and concepts as needed
Required Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design or equivalent
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Candidates must have demonstrated knowledge and work experience involving adult learning techniques and learning programs
- Candidates should have experience in writing and/or editing technical documents for non-technical audiences
- Experience in electronic publishing of all sorts (site management, video publishing, cloud-based tools)
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Master’s Degree in Educational Technology, Education, Graphic Design or related field
- Affiliations with professional associations (ASTD, ISPI, etc.)
- Experience administering Learning Management Systems
- Can provide professional portfolio or examples of past work